4/1/11

Opening day

for the Indians today. It sure is nice to see baseball again after the cold hard winter we've had here in Cleveland and across N.E. Ohio. The day started off with snow and 33 degrees at eight this morning and I thought for sure it was going to be another typical dreary cold day but it cleared up nicely for the start of the game. The tribe ended up loosing to the White Sox 15-10 but they went down fighting and look promising for the 2011 season.

Tony and I rode our time trial bikes to the running track today too and laced up the running shoes for a tempo paced 5k. It felt great to get back on the track again and to run on a soft surface which I think I'm going to keep doning until I get more of a base under me and I see that my knee is going to be able to handle running three days per week. Everything felt good and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it only get's better from here since tri season is only a few months away.

Valley Circuit races start next weekend but I'm committed to Jim Behrens' Roubaix ride on Sunday. I've rode this ride every year so far and Jim does a wonderful job mapping out a course and making sure everything goes just right. This year's ride starts from Orwell and is a totally different course than last year's, so it should be very challenging and very fun at the same time.

See you all in a few weeks.

No comments: