12/3/10

Switching gears

to running on the trails now that cross season is over. I've been running all week and haven't yet cleaned the mud off of my cross bike from States last Sunday, just hung it up and there she hangs......I'll get to it eventually though I'm just not in any hurry. Stopped at Fleet Feet today and saw Ed for a new pair of trail shoes and he hooked me up with the new Brooks Cascadia 5's. I tend to run more on the outside of my foot rather than pronate (run on the inside of the foot) like most people which makes me more prone to rolling my ankles, especially on uneven surfaces, although more so with my right foot....weird. I was telling him this and he checked me out and suggested the Cascadia. The shoe is   very stable but neutral at the same time due to the minimal midsole and outsole and the independently stabilizing pivot points. When I ran in them today at the Girdled Rd. reservation, the feeling they gave me when I first started running was that they keep my foot on a flat plane and almost kind of rolls the foot inward rather than outward, and thats exactly what I need. It's almost like putting spacers on one side of a cleat on a bike shoe to help a mis-alignment problem out. Tony and I ran 6 miles with over 600' of climbing and the shoes felt great for the first time running in them. Hopefully they'll be a good shoe for me and for others that have a similar gate as mine.

Check out http://www.fleetfeetnorthfield.com/

No comments: