11/9/08

Not 2 shabby

We had 2 very good cross workout's this weekend. Saturday we did cross practice at the outdoor Y for an hour and then rode the long way home which is like 45 minutes. We did race pace simulations along the way while taking mostly off beaten pathways home. We were maxed out along the way with Tony and I taking turns pulling and in the last mile Tony led the way home pulling like a mule. I thought when it come's time to sprint to our mailbox I will drill it and kick his skinny butt. Now, I have to say that I tried to come around him and do my share within the last mile but he wouldn't have any of it, so I just sat in and let him go. Back to the mailbox sprint......we came around the corner with 2/10 of a mile to go and we opened it up and I tried to come around him to win the sprint but he was just too stong and he pipped me at the line.....That's usually the way it goes though...I can't even beat him in practice anymore :-) (I can, I just say that to make him feel good).

Sunday was a great day. Jeff Craft, Tony and I rode the nursery roads. There was just enough mix of hard pack and mud to make this ride VERY fun and HARD. Jeff was pushing hard the whole ride and we had to work extra hard to stay with him. With the wind and sometime's rain during the ride it was classic cyclocross weather. We ended up with about 1:30 for the workout, Perfect! We got home, did the cleaning, oiling etc. Now it's time for some enchilada's and a few cerveza's.

Hasta la Vista

3 comments:

ds said...

At 9:45 pm tonight (Sunday), I had pretty much given up on that 5+ mile run I had been planning on doing today. I had ridden nearly three hours yesterday, and complacency was about to set in. Then I read your post about all of your weekend training, and felt shamed into doing the run in the freezing rain tonight. I'm not sure if I was inspired by your weekend training or simply scared by the prospect of racing you two dedicated bike fiends twice more before the end of the season.

Either way, I'm now home from my run, and my beard is almost free of ice. Life is grand.

-dave s

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

I like the new blog format. Very easy to read white on black.

Unknown said...

Thanks Robert dude,

glad to be such an inspiration Dave.......lol

Life is grand isn't it? Except when your trying to get your oil changed and everyone is all backed up and can't do it for days.... Wow, I didn't think it was such a big deal to get an oil change.
Wish I could ride my bike everywhere!